GENERAL ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS
To qualify for recruitment into EDERN Security Services.
One must satisfy the following:
- Be physically and medical fit
- Be of good integrity – unquestionable character
- Be between the ages of 30 - 45 (Ex Services men) and 25 - 45 years
- Be a responsible person (married) is an added advantage
- Be able to read and write clearly.
- Every candidates is required to present his/her testimonial from
his/her last employer.
- Must be security cleared.
Prior to the short listing of qualified candidate for interview, all applicants who appear at the company premises for the interview, will undergo vigorous training and those who pass will be short listed for interview.
LEVEL OF TRAINING
All newly recruited security personnel will undergo basic Para-military training.
The duration will vary from 2 weeks to 4 weeks.
Subjects to be covered include:
- Foot drill and Tae-Kwon-Do exercises (PT)
- Internal general security duties (Theory) which include the following topics:
- Investigations, surveillance and detection.
- Report writing
- Presentation of evidence in court
- Methods of theft and the ability to identify and apprehend suspected Persons/employees.
- Access control
- Fire drill and instructions, fighting and prevention
- Arrest and searches
PURPOSE OF TRAINING
The training is paramount, because, it is to provide and maintain effective control of discipline, determine physical fitness of personnel, endurance capacity, and above all, to broaden the mental abilities and intelligence of the personnel in the discharge of the duties that might be assigned to them from time to time.
STANDARD OF GUARDS
Obviously, in order to win and maintain a contract, effective and efficient services must be provided with the highest calibre of guards. Therefore, to accomplish this task, only the best recruits are selected for training under very serious screening.
The company operates with a mixture of well-educated and middle level educated guards/personnel for reasons best known by the directors. However, each 'ESSEL' guard must be numerate and able to handle all occurrences professionally.